One of the toughest things I’ve struggled with in life is finding resolve in the questions that aren’t accompanied by an answer. You know, the how’s and why’s in life. For me, sometimes the answers are still only half the battle. If the answers don’t make sense in my mind, then they are just as empty as an unanswered question. Kinda makes it a never-ending state of mental restlessness, huh? …yeah. Welp, welcome to the mind of a perpetual thinker.
So, what’s the fix? Hell, I don’t know. What I do know is that there will be many times when you don’t get answers at all. Sometimes you do get answers, but those answers will not always bring you the peace of mind you desire. In either case, you have to find a way to move beyond that place. Here is some of the best advice I’ve received concerning this.
- Look forward. Occupy yourself with what’s ahead of you.
- Stop thinking so much. Cut that shit off.
- Accept what is. PERIOOOODDDDD! (lol, I hate when people say that by the way.)
- Sometimes there simply isn’t an answer. It just is what it is.
- Stressing about things that you can’t control (such as not receiving a desired answer or any answer at all.) is a waste of energy. Conserve your energy for the things you can control or that don’t require control.
So there you have it. I hope this finds a way to help someone who’s reading this. The truth is, there are many things in life that are easier said than done, but sometimes a few good words are all a person needs. My words are my gift to you! Whoever you are! Oh and… SMILE!
Posted in: Uncategorized