Whether you’ve just started traveling or you’ve got several stamps on the book(s) already, keep reading! Both green and seasoned travelers this is for you! No matter the stage of travel you find yourself in, the one thing that all travelers can agree on is, the desire to make the entire process much easier. Once the flight, lodging and excursions have been taken care of, What’s left to do other than waiting for the day to arrive?
You don’t want to over pack, but you also don’t want to under pack! The struggle is real! What do you do? There was a time when over packing was a standard for me, but you get tired of stuffing an entire wardrobe into a suitcase JUST to wear 1/4 of it! Those days are long gone for me. I now use what I call the “commitment method” of packing. I plan outfits and accessories for each day and commit! If I decide I need options, I will purchase those options once I arrive. I can’t do the over-packing thing anymore… AT ALL. Plus, the less you pack, the less you have to keep up with!
Here is a list of travel finds that have become essentials for my travel. Hopefully this little list will be helpful in your future travel!
- Packing Cubes– I love packing cubes! They keep your items nice and organized during transit and also once you reach your destination. I found these to be very helpful! Check them out for yourself here!
- In-Flight Phone/Tablet Holder– Longer flights are usually equipped with on-board entertainment that allows you to watch movies and even shows. Problem is, you have to choose from whatever pool of movies and shows they have. What happens when you want to finish binge watching your favorite show? Or what about a movie that you have downloaded and haven’t watched yet? These clips allow you to position your phone or tablet in a couple different ways so that you don’t have to hold them as you watch your choice of entertainment. After a while your hand will get tired of holding that device up, so do yourself a favor and pick this up!
- Discreet Passport/Money Holder– Let’s just be real! There are people out there that will snatch your purse off your shoulder and/ your backpack right off of your back! Having to replace important documents is hard enough.Imagine having to do so while overseas! Who wants to be stuck internationally with no documentation??? Not me!!! Well this holder was a life saver and really brought me a sense of security during my travel. It fits close to your body and is concealed underneath your clothing. If someone makes off with your backpack, all of your vital belongings are still secure and you get to go home as intended!
- Portable Chargers– If you don’t get anything on this list, this is a MUST BUY! There is nothing like traveling with a dead phone! It really doesn’t matter where you’re going. Near or far. Having a portable charger is a lifesaver. This portable charger is one of the better brands, but they all work. Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Most of the time at least. I have purchased the cheaper ones and they are currently collecting dust somewhere in my house! They include a convenient carrying case which is helpful in keeping up with your “travel cords.” Buy it here! P.S- Make sure you travel with these on-board. If you check your bag with this in it, it and your luggage will be left right there at your place of origin as you continue on to your destination. Trust me! I know! I found out the hard way!
- Compression Socks– I don’t know about ya’ll, but I’m terrified of blood clots! I’ve heard so many stories of people developing blood clots during travel. The blood blood clots end up traveling in their body and causing very serious issues including death. Call me dramatic, but I don’t want those problems! When taking long flights, these are ESSENTIAL! All of that sitting restricts your blood from flowing properly, which is what causes blood clots to form. I particularly like this brand because they feel like they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Compressing! Don’t take my word for it, buy your own here!
- Plug Adapter-Language isn’t the only thing that changes once you enter a different country. So does the electric outlets! I particularly love this box as it supports outlet type I,C,G & A which means it supports most places you’d travel. Don’t get stuck with a useless charger! Get your adapter here!
- Lastly, but certainly not least. Who doesn’t take photos during travel? I purchased this travel stick and its one of my favorite travel items. It folds into a pretty compact size allowing you to stick it in a small pocket of your luggage/purse or backpack. Also, this selfie stick is compatible with Android and Apple devices. The best feature is that it is bluetooth operated, Thats right. No more cords! The battery is long lasting as well. So whether it’s for selfies or a means to capture group photos, YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE! Get is here!
oh and… You’re welcome!